My "Go To" 21 Day Fix Approved Food List
Unfortunately, I see it happen all too often.... people become overwhelmed by the nutrition plans that come with a specific fitness program, become frustrated and give up! They see so many foods that they do not normally eat as well as so many different options, that they just get stuck. This is where I come in! One of my biggest goals as a coach is to help my customers succeed by keeping it SIMPLE and making it EASY! I fell so in love with this program, that I decided to become a so-called "21 Day Fix Specialist" and invest my time into creating helpful tools and resources to simplify this process for others. One of these FREE tools is my Go To Food List.
The 21 Day Fix Program is so simple and also so profound. Not only does this program take the crap out of our diet, but is also shows us how to put the RIGHT food back in our bodies in the RIGHT portions! Add some simple and effective workouts to the mix, and you have absolute GENIUS - a proven program with proven results! Autumn Calabrese definitely knew what she was doing when she created this program!
I will admit that the official 21 Day Fix approved list that comes with the program can be a little overwhelming at first glance... if you let it be! There are A LOT of options listed and several you may not even be familiar with. You could end up with a huge shopping list and a lot of waste! But, this is where I can help by providing you with my shorter version of the food list and by giving you some great tips for forming your own shorter version of the food list tailored to YOU!
A Few Food List Tips
1. Stick to "go to" foods that you know and like. The 21 Day Fix Nutrition plan is a great way to expand your food horizons and try new things, but don't feel like that you have to do all at once. Try picking out a new food to try once every couple of weeks. And by all means, if you don't like it, don't eat it!
2. Don't be afraid to make adjustments. The 21 Day Fix nutrition guide is meant to guide you, not dictate every meal to you. It's OK to adjust meals to suit your needs as long as you stay within the confines of the plan.
3. Be thoughtful about creating a meal plan that minimizes food waste by using the same ingredients in several dishes. Fresh single ingredients do not stay fresh forever, so plan accordingly such that you won't have to throw away and waste spoiled food. Also, don't be afraid to use leftovers. After cooking a nice and healthy dinner for the family, I go ahead and portion out the leftovers using my Fix containers into tupperware containers to take to work for lunches the rest of the week. Bonus - it also saves me time!
4. Meal and snack prep is KEY. I believe that meal prep and planning is CRITICAL to having a healthy week! If you have planned in advance what you are going to eat for the week and have even gone the extra step to buy it and prep it at the beginning of the week, you are so much more likely to actually stick to what you have planned and less likely to grab something unhealthy out of convenience because it is easy and quick! Here are some of my strategies:
- Cook a 21 Day Fix approved recipe on Sunday to portion out and use as lunch or dinner for the rest of the week. Some of my favorite recipe ideas for this are: Baked Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce, Sweet Potato or Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Chicken Butternut Squash Soup, and Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. (I will share all of these recipes below)
- Bake several sweet potatoes, boil some hard boiled eggs, and cook a batch of brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- Cut up veggies and fruits in advance for snacks and shakes.
- Cook a batch of turkey patties or chicken breasts on your Foreman grill.
- Go ahead and portion everything out using your containers and package in baggies or tupperware containers so that you can grab and go throughout the week.
5. When planning your meals for the week, start with the protein. Protein will be your biggest challenge. Most of you will need to incorporate protein into every meal and snack depending on what calorie range with which you fall. I am allotted 4 red protein containers per day, so for me... this means that I eat three meals per day and one snack (and they all need to have protein). If you are allotted 5 red containers, then you would need to eat 3 meals per day and 2 snacks (all containing protein). So, I recommend that you grab your meal planning tally sheet and start by figuring out what your protein will be for each meal. For example, if you drink Shakeology in the morning, then you know that will be your red container at breakfast. If you are going to have a salad with 2 hard boiled eggs on it for lunch, then the eggs will be your red container for lunch. If you are having grilled chicken breast for dinner, then the chicken is your red container for dinner. Now, you need one snack... how about some Greek yogurt mixed with fruit? Ok, the yogurt is your red container at snack time. That is 4 red containers for the day! Now that the hard part is done, you can fill in the fruit (purple) and veggie (green) containers throughout the rest of your meals. For your convenience, here is a list of some easy and convenient sources of protein that are great when you are on the go. Get it here!
One of my powerful weapons and very FAVORITE "Go To" food is actually a complete no brainer! Shakeology!! It counts as a red container on the 21 Day Fix program. It is packed with protein and tons of other amazing ingredients AND it truly is cost effective! You can learn more about Shakeology here. Would you like to try a sample packet? Order sample packets here.
Last But Not Least
Don't stress out when you open the 21 Day Fix Nutrition Guide. Just stick to several "Go To" foods that you know and enjoy, do your meal prep, and by all means if I am your coach - USE ME!!! That is what I am here for.... to help you every step of the way! If I am not your coach and you want me to be your coach..... That's great! It's a very SIMPLE process! Just click on the button below to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody account and I will be assigned as your FREE coach! That's all you have to do! No strings - it's absolutely FREE! I will coach you for FREE if you register for a free account and get me assigned as your coach! I would love to work with you and coach you through this program!! Just click below:
FREE 5 Day Meal Plan
This is just one of the many FREE tools and resources that I can offer you! Use this FREE meal plan to get started right with the 21 Day Fix program. I will even supply the grocery list to go with it for your convenience. 21 Day Fix planning and preparation does NOT have to be difficult -- I am all about SIMPLE!! If you are trying the The Fix, then you NEED this resource! Just click on the button below to download and print your FREE materials today!
Please join my community of other Fit and Happy moms just like you! I am talking about my online private community on Facebook designed specifically for busy, time-strapped moms who struggle to balance mom life and work life, yet desire to work towards living a healthy lifestyle. This community is designed to be a safe place for you to give and receive support to one another, to share your struggles and your wins, to build friendships with other like minded moms, and to get fired up about reaching your goals! I provide lots of time saving tips for busy moms, healthy family friendly recipes, fitness and nutrition tips, advice, accountability, motivation and support to keep you going in the right direction towards your goals with my daily posts! So, if you are busy mom with a health or fitness goal (whether you want to have more energy to enjoy your kids, bust that plateau, fit into a particular dress/look good in a swimsuit, or just feel better and live happy).... this is the right community for you! Come join us! Just click on the link below to join in! It's totally FREE!