5 Steps to How I Lost 25 Pounds in Just 2 Months!!
Let's just go ahead and get down to the nitty gritty.... I know what you are thinking, "Tell me how you did it! Tell me how you lost that 25 pounds!"
In hindsight, I can clearly see these five steps as the KEYS to my SUCCESS!
- A complete mindset overhaul paired with personal development
- Understanding the truth about metabolism and how it effects weight loss and then incorporating those truths into my exercise and nutrition plan.
- Grocery shopping with a plan and a purpose
- Meal prepping tips and tricks and understanding the importance of being organized and planning in advance. (I have some great strategies for this!)
- Integrating all of this into my daily life and learning to combat common life stumbling blocks (like late night snacking)
Let's concentrate on #1 for a while.....
What does my mindset have to do with anything??
Do any of these excuses sound like you?
- “I have tried so many times, BUT…”
- “I need to workout, but can’t find the time…”
- “I can’t seem to stay (or get) motivated”
- “It is too hard to eat right…”
- “I workout for a day or two, I don’t see results, so I stop…”
If you are looking for answers on fixing the above, I am going to turn this thing back to you and ask you a very important question:
What is your WHY?
Your WHY is your KEY to your Success!!
It is impossible to stay committed and determined to do ANYTHING unless you know your “WHY”. The “why” is the REAL reason, the DRIVING reason that you WANT to change, workout, get healthy, or whatever it is that you truly want to do.
You can’t change for someone else and you can’t change for non significant reasons. You can ONLY change if your WHY becomes important and visible and is worth it you to FIGHT FOR with every fiber of your being!
How do you find your WHY?
I really need for you to block out some time and put A LOT of thought into this. What is your why?
Flip through magazines and see what appeals to you and consider making a vision board which can help reveal some deep desires and why’s to you. Do some soul searching and get serious in your thinking here.
- Is it for your health?
- To feel GREAT daily?
- For more energy?
- To be around and active for your children?
- To set a good example for your children?
- To be HAPPY?
There is no wrong “why”, it just needs to have meaning and be personal to YOU!
You have to find your OWN why, you can’t take somebody else’s why and make it yours. Doesn’t matter that your family, doctor, friends, etc., think something should be important to you. YOU have to make it important to YOU!
Once you get to the root of what your “why” is, it CHANGES everything and DRIVES you to never quit! All of a sudden solutions will start presenting themselves to your problems. The hurdles become crystal clear and you start to take action and make things happen. All because you found out what drives you....you found your why!!
Discovering your WHY is the most important step to changing as it gets your mind right! It is a critical first step that I include in my programs because once you find your “why” and your mind is focused, you cannot be stopped!
When your mind is active and focused on positive things, you WILL get positive results the exact same way an unsure and unfocused mind gets poor results!
If you are ready to make a change and turn EXCUSES (no time, lack of motivation, cost, etc) into RESULTS, then I urge you to FIND YOUR WHY …and the answer will come to you. 🙂
Excuses or Solutions…YOU Decide!
Well, all of this is well and good... but what can I really do to change my mindset??
I can not speak for everyone and know what will work for you because every person is different. But, I can tell you what I did and what worked for me! I will share some of my strategies to completely overhaul my mindset and banish excuses from my vocabulary.
- I refused to be around negative people that were pulling me down. It is a known fact that you become a part of what you are around... so you MUST surround yourself with positive and encouraging people! This is another reason why the support and accountability group that I was able to participate in was such a game changer for me!
- I made sure to start my day EVERY day with something positive. This is going to be different for every person. For me, it was a Christian devotional book, Jesus Calling. It had been a while since I had done regular devotions, and I knew that it was time to get back into it. This was non-negotiable for me. Maybe you want to subscribe to daily email by a great positive mindset speaker that you love (ex - Tony Robbins), or listen to a pod cast while you get ready for work in the morning. You need to figure out a plan that will work for you.
- I searched Pinterest for fitness motivation quotes and I printed them off and hung them up in my bathroom, on the refrigerator, and at my desk at work. I also changed the screen saver on all of my electronic devices (phone, iPad, laptop, work computer, etc) to a powerful fitness motivation quote, so that I would constantly see it and be reminded of my goals.
- I dove into a personal development book. I have a pretty fair commute each day, so I used on audio and listened while I was driving each day on my phone. Some books that I recommend: Push by Chalene Johnson, SuperLife by Darin Olien, and Unlimited by Jillian Michaels.
- I created a Vision Board for my health and fitness goals and I hung it in my closet. The closet had become such a place of disappointment and regret as I would try on outfit after outfit often ending with watery eyes, so I was attempting to bring something positive to this very negative place in an effort to remind myself what I was trying to leave behind!
Would you like to receive my FREE 5 Meal Plan to help you get started with the 21 Day Fix?
If you are doing the 21 Day Fix program or are considering giving it a try, then you NEED this!! Use this FREE meal plan to get started right with the 21 Day Fix program and I will even supply the grocery list to go with it for your convenience! 21 Day Fix planning and preparation does NOT have to be difficult -- I am all about SIMPLE!! Just click the button below to claim your FREE meal plan and grocery list now!
I Want to Learn MORE!!
I want to thank you for taking the time to read through all of this information! Do you want to read more and learn all my tips and tricks regarding organization, meal prep and planning, grocery shopping with a purpose and a plan, truths about metabolism and how I incorporated all of this into my every day life to accomplish a 25 pound weight loss in just 2 months! Join my FREE Sneak Peek Group into the 21 Day Fix and I will explain every step AND I will share ALL of the secrets that I learned along the way that have proven to be game changers for me! I will break this process down for you step by step so that you can easily incorporate the pieces into your own daily life to reach YOUR goals!
Additionally, we will cover the following BONUS material:
-Education on the importance of eating clean and how to incorporate this into your daily living
-Education on current trends with regard to food production and current agricultural practices and how they relate to obesity and chronic disease states.
-Key foods to include in your diet and which foods to avoid at all cost!
-Why eating less and exercising more is NOT the answer -The truth about your metabolism!
-Strategies to avoid late night snacking
-Affordable solutions to help you meet your goals!
Completely FREE! - No strings attached!